Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I don't speak Arabic apparently

So I just moved into this place a week ago where you are supposed to speak Arabic all of the time in order to get fluent. There are two native speakers that are supposed to help you out too. I thought that after four semesters of Arabic I would totally be able to do it...but I can't understand anything that the native speakers say. I think it is probably just part of the whole language learning process though, and after four months of it I'll most likely get quite good.

2 Comments:

Blogger landon said...

That's interesting. It's almost as if you're obtaining the same experience as a foreign speaking mission, aside from the proselyting. I mean, you're almost forced to drown in the language and you sleep in a with guy who may or may not kill you.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Trevor Christensen said...

"may or may not kill you."

No.

He's gonna.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home