Thursday, December 27, 2007

Why people should listen to ambient music

I like ambient music. I'm listening to some right now. It helps me concentrate while I am preoccupied with other tasks. It helps me go to sleep as well as calm me down after a long day. I like films with ambient music, especially 80's ones. I sometimes consider it to be the soundtrack to my life. I feel sometimes that there is another world out there that I can sometimes get a glimpse of, but cannot go much further into it. I visit it often in my dreams. In it there is no West, South, East, or North. Three dimensional time and space doesn't quite exist in this place either. Anything can happen. I sometimes wonder if other people have visited this same place...most likely they have. I have tried to draw it so as to preserve my memories of it. Either it is impossible to recreate in our world, or I lack the sufficient artistic skills.

Here are some ambient music artists you should start listening to:

Brian Eno
Steve Roach


There are more...I just cannot think of them right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home