Saturday, June 02, 2007

Why I'm excited for the 80's to come back

There has been talk recently about how various aspects of the 80's are slipping in to the current "pop culture". Now most people would respond to this claim by saying something like, "holy f! The 80's really sucked. Why would anyone want to bring it back". To this I give them one word: "Analog". You may have noticed while there are a lot of weird cultural cliches from the 80's, the quality of the pop music was so much better from the 90's and so so much better than it is now. This might be due to the fact that a thing called "melodic harmony" was once used in the 80's (zing!):



I think that a lot of the credit for the musical genius of the 80's comes from the use of Analog synthesizers and drum machines, compared to the digital forms that are used most of the time now. Here is more of what I mean:







Anyways, my theory is that Analog is going to come back and the music is going to resemble the music of the 80's a lot, which is a fantastic thing. I can't wait to get my hands a Yamaha DX-7.

Sorry if this post didn't make any sense.

1 Comments:

Blogger landon said...

Yeah. Sometimes, late at night, I imagine myself wrapping my arms around a Roland TB-303.

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home