Tuesday, August 29, 2006

My Barbarian

When I was in Jordan, I had a really horrible day where I dragged myself through the morning and slept the afternoon and and evening away. When I woke up at eleven, I went to Poppies Chiken down the street for some traditional American Food. But once that was over with, I found myself in front of the TV watching the BBC. But much to my suprise, there was a fantastic documentary about Contemporary Art. They Featured Four artists in the Los Angeles area, but they counted one of the "artists" as a perfoming art/pop band called "My Barbarian"

Pretty much what happened was that these three really creative people got together and decided to mix Pagen rituals, mythology, and New Wave music into a cocktail of Conceptual porportions. Their performances are incredibly unorthodox as they perform Pagan rituals on stage and wear masks and hold up snaks and stuff, all while playing 80's pop music.

I love it!

Here is by far their best video which seems to have been filmed with a camcorder, but edited very well. Make sure you watch the entire video as the best part in my oppinion is the last minute of the video when the three "Barbarians" brake into a Richard Simons style workout.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brittany said...

haha! I loved the purple spandex pants with the rainbow colored leg warmers. very richard-simmonsesque.
nice.

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home