Saturday, March 08, 2008

Why Mono Sucks

So I've had Mono for over a month now and it is probably one of the most annoying things to ever happen to me. It isn't that bad, just really annoying. At random times I will just happen to get really tired out of nowhere and be really upset about it because it means I will just be getting farther and farther behind in school. Besides the occasional fevers, sore throats, and coughs, the worst part of mono though is trying to figure out how sick you really are. I'm never really quite sure because you keep going in and out of felling good and bad. It doesn't help though when you keep getting all sorts of conflicting advice about Mono. For example, I went to the doctor last week because I thought I was getting an ear infection. I didn't have an ear infection, but the doctor told me "I'm surprised you still have mono symptoms. Usually you would be doing a lot better by now as it would be going into remission". Then on the other hand, I'm being told stuff like "you should probably drop out of school for the semester because it takes months to get over". Just the other day, Trevor told me that it takes a year to get over mono. My mom, who also had mono in college, says the same kinds of things. I did some research on the internet and also got conflict results. So I'm not really sure what is going to happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home